[CT Birds] RI Ross's Gull

Jamie Meyers sunnyctredbird at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 07:44:50 EST 2017

I had a difficult time reading Julian's note. For anyone else who may have had the same experience and are curious, an adult Ross's Gull was reported from Trustom Pond, on the Rhode Island coastline, yesterday afternoon. As far as I know, it was a brief view and the bird has not yet been relocated. Something to keep in mine today for those of you who are birding along the Connecticut coast line. There is one record for Connecticut, so it would not be unprecedented.

Given that this bird is an adult, it would not be the same bird that has been in New York recently. That was a young bird and was last seen on Thursday.

Jamie Meyers
Canton

Sent from my iPhone