[CT Birds] "First Thursday" NHBC walk at Hammonasset Beach State Park (February 2)

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 21:47:17 EST 2017

The New Haven Bird Club walk at Hammonasset Beach State Park, originally scheduled for “First Wednesday”, is being held tomorrow/Thursday, February 2 from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M..  As noted previously, we meet at the Route 1 parking lot just left (east) of the park entrance.  From there, we car pool into the park and begin our observations at the east end - the Nature Center and associated parking lot, followed by the shoreline observation platform, the beach, and the moraine trail.  Other areas of the park (Willard’s Island, Cedar Island, campground, west end) also will get some coverage as time allows.  Dress warmly, expecting some coastal winds.  Wear appropriate shoes/boots.  We look for sea ducks, grassland species, and rarities.  See you there.

Steve Broker (Cheshire)
(cell) 203-747-6843