[CT Birds] Speak out for birds, habitats and state parks

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Feb 2 10:55:06 EST 2017

Audubon Connecticut currently has a petition that is an easy way to show your support for birds, habitat and state parks, forests and wildlife management areas.   Current proposals to reduce general funds allocated to DEEP by 10% threaten to undermine key programs that we care about.  Impacts will likely be felt in state parks and other protected areas (reduced access and management for habitat); in ensuring clean air and clean water for Connecticut citizens; and in the state's promotion of clean energy and climate protection. These impacts would be bad for birds, other wildlife, and people and have economic as well as environmental consequences.
These cuts would disproportionally effect birds and habitat programs because many other programs can't be cut because of mandatory dedicated funding.  Please take a moment to respond to this petition to show that birds and habitat are important to you!

Thank you!

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:

Plants for Birds!