[CT Birds] cowbird flock, recent bald eagle sighting

Brian Williams brianw15th2v at att.net
Sat Feb 18 10:52:10 EST 2017

The first birds of the morning were robins today, not common but not unexpected on a Saturday calling for less frigid temps.  At 7:00 a flock of up to thirty cowbirds appeared in a nearby oak before plunging to the seed and suet I leave on the snow.  This event is for me a February high yet I know there was a flock of grackles a couple weeks ago in the morning and one ventured to the feeder in the afternoon.
A sidenote concerning my last bald eagle sighting - coming home after the blizzard of 9 Feb.  approx. 17:15 crossing where the Quinnebaug and Shetucket rivers join together (Taftville/Lisbon) one adult flew directly overhead going downriver and I might take up a search for others locally as the season winds to a close.
Brian Williams
 Griswold