[CT Birds] Great Backyard Bird Count Day One

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Feb 17 17:40:09 EST 2017

We already have 91 species for the count, which continues through Monday.

Some highlights so far:

Northern Shovelers and Green-winged Teal, Birdseye, Stratford.
Lesser Black-backed Gull, New London (and other places in sure.)
There was a Snowy Owl reported in West Haven, but I'm not sure if it has been vetted.
American Kestrel, Horsebarn Hill.
Red-breasted Nuthatch, Glastonbury+.
Winter Wren, Woodbury.
Hermit Thrush, Norwalk.
Gray Catbird, Bantam Lake.
Nashville Warbler, Norwalk.
Field Sparrow, Weston.
Fox Sparrow, Woodbury.
White-crowned and Savannah Sparrow, Southbury Training School.
Eastern Towhee, Ansonia.
Rusty Blackbird, New Haven.
And Purple Finch, Wilton.

I'm sure several of the above have been recorded at multiple locations, but those towns were from the "last seen" list.

Patrick Comins, Audubon Connecticut

Sent from my iPhone