[CT Birds] Simsbury Goldeneye

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 14:45:58 EST 2017

For what it's worth, Common Goldeneye X Hooded Merganser is a rare but well-documented hybrid illustrated in the classic "The Ducks, Geese & Swans of North America," by F.H. Kortright (first published in 1942). I'm pretty sure CT has a record (or maybe it was when I lived in NJ).
Greg HanisekWaterbury