[CT Birds] Stonington American Bittern-Yes

Russ Smiley rsbirder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:42:33 EST 2017

Regarding the black-headed gull, I have seen and photographed it several
times from the town docks as it hounded feeding red-breasted mergansers.
Other gulls did likewise, but it seemed more consistent in this practice
than herring, ring-billed, or great black-backed gulls. (I also noted that
the latter often shadow common loons.)
Russ Smiley
Marlboroufh, CT