[CT Birds] Bonaparte's at Hammo

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 16:46:34 EST 2017

This morning with my wind-blown class at Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison we had c 60 Bonaparte's Gulls at the rocky beach at the beginning of the Moraine Trail. They were with a modest number of Herring and Ring-billed Gulls with no surface feeding going on while we were there. Most were setting on the water a short distance off the beach, but some were coming in to feed right around the rocks. This the first flock of Bonaparte's I'm aware of as the spring "gull season" gets under way in LIS.
Greg HanisekWaterbury