[CT Birds] Donald W Barnes Boat Launch

perrier04 perrier04 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 20:24:00 EST 2017

I was chasing those geese Sunday. I heard that they had crossed the river roughly 11:00. I found them feeding in a field. In Suffield, where Route 190 turns west, turn east to go towards the river, then turn north. There is a tobacco shed in the middle of the field that had the geese. It is almost directly across the river fro the boat launch. About 1:00 the entire flock flew to the river, staying on the Suffield side, for at least an hour. Unfortunately, I could not pick out any of the interesting geese. A scope would have helped.

Michael Santner
Westfield, MA