[CT Birds] Stratford Point Snow Buntings, Seed Request

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Feb 22 09:10:56 EST 2017

About 100 Snow Buntings at Stratford Point today enjoying the water feature and seed.  Also the "gray ghost" Northern Harrier and a few Red-winged Blackbirds, the first of the season for the latter.    We are running a bit low on seed so if anyone who enjoys seeing landbirds here at the point could bring a bag along when they visit it would be much appreciated.   Hopefully it can keep the buntings here a little longer and some spring migrants should be starting to show up.

I'm back at work, so hours should be back to normal during the week.  As always it is best to check in regarding a weekend visit.   We are working on a plan that should expand access hours a bit thorough fall.  Thank you!

I'm hoping to compile a summary of the Great Backyard Bird Count in the next few days.

Thank you!

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook: