[CT Birds] Enfield

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:46:31 EST 2017

This morning at about 11:10 in with maybe 100 Canada Geese or so PINK FOOTED GOOSE. I searched the Barnes Boat Launch area with zero geese perhaps because the Connecticut River is flowing very rapidly. Eventually I drove down Bridge Lane to Meetinghouse Lane where I discovered it. Directions as follows. Going north on I 91 take the King Street exit. Go north on route 5 a short distance to Bridge Street on the left. After turning on Bridge Street go a short distance to Meetinghouse Road on your right. Just down the street is an open space area between the homes. This is where the stream is and where the geese were. I spotted the Pink Footed Goose seconds before the flock took off heading north. This is a spot that warrants looking at in case the geese are not elsewhere. Also seen in the general area this morning 2 Ruby Crowned Kinglets and a Fox Sparrow at Hilltop Farm Suffield.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks