[CT Birds] Junco behavior

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:04:26 EDT 2017

3/12
In addition to the regular visitors, a Fox sparrow and a Northern Flicker
have been visiting as well as a Hairy woodpecker. American Goldfinch
numbers increased to 14. Being that there are only 8 perches on the thistle
feeder, the extra goldfinches wait in the tree for their turn.
I observed a behavior between two female juncos that I had not seen before.
Each junco extended their neck back, beaks open, chattering and wings
fluttering as they sat facing each other over a pile of seed on the deck
railing. then one left and then the other left.
Possibly a dispute over the seeds? It was  interesting.
Bev Propen, Orange