[CT Birds] Fox Sparrow, Snow Buntings, Scaup at Stratford Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Mar 16 11:21:39 EDT 2017

A magnificent day here at Stratford Point.  There has been a Fox Sparrow hanging around the water garden since yesterday.  Not that rare overall, but a very hard bird to get here for some reason.  I believe this is one of less than a handful  of records here.

There are also about 40 Snow Buntings still around, about 30 American Tree Sparrows around the water garden and a flock of around 2,000 Scaup is moving about (presumably 99%+ Greater Scaup).

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/