[CT Birds] Lapland Longspur Bethlehem

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:19:01 EDT 2017

About mid-morning I had a single Lapland Longspur in a flock of c 85 Horned Larks on Hard Hill Road in Bethlehem. A flock of this size or a bit larger has been in the area all winter, often on the road and road edges, but they're jumpy and mobile. I've searched for longspurs here on and off since December and this is the first time I found one. With the heavy snow cover, they were mostly near the main farm building at the high spot on the road today.
Greg HanisekWaterbury