[CT Birds] Robins and Waxwings!

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sun Mar 19 12:02:21 EDT 2017

Last evening around sunset, two hundred or so American Robins found our 25 foot tall American Holly Tree and started feeding on the berries, a Coopers hawk flushed them several times before dark and eventually they all called it an evening.

This morning at first light the two hundred or so Robins and fifteen Cedar Waxwings started in again and devoured every single holly berry in about two hours time, it was an incredible sight.
We still have a winterberry tree for them to finish off.
Food sources for these two species is very hard to come bye these days with the snow covered ground, I'm glad we could help them out.
I did manage a few photo's and a short video to share.

Larry Flynn
Norwalk, CT