[CT Birds] Three Upcoming Events RE Stratford Point:

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Mar 22 12:15:55 EDT 2017

There are three upcoming events related to Stratford Point that may be of interest.  In the meantime, it is a brutal day here today, with the highlight being a single Snow Bunting by the water garden and an adult Northern Gannet flying by very close to shore.

Stratford Point Talk, Whitney Center, Thursday, March 23rd.  7:30 PM, Whitney Center, Hamden, CT.

The Whitney Center Conservation-Nature Committee would like to invite you to a talk by Patrick Comins about Revitalizing the Coastal Habitat at Stratford Point.  Come hear how the Point has been changed from the Old Gun Club to a sanctuary for birds, butterflies and bees.
Thursday March 23 at 7:30 in the Cultural Arts Center at Whitney Center.

Audubon Connecticut manages DuPont's Stratford Point property with assistance from the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History (RTPI) and Sacred Heart University. The trails are generally open Monday-Friday during business hours. We try to open on weekends as we can. Birding, nature observation, and passive hiking are the primary intended uses of the property.

This talk is open to the public.

Sunday, March 26th, Gull Workshop, sponsored by COA and Audubon Connecticut:

COA/Audubon Gull Workshop
Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 8:00 am
Stratford Point, Stratford
Join us as we look for and learn about the gulls of Connecticut. Patrick Comins from Audubon Connecticut will share his considerable knowledge about how to identify members of this extraordinarily challenging group of birds. We’ll look for gulls along the shore and have a sit down session where we’ll go over the finer points of gull ID. This is a good time of year to find rarities, such as Black-headed, Little, and Mew Gulls. We may visit other sites such as Long Beach in Stratford, Seaside Park in Bridgeport, and Southport Beach, depending on where the gulls are congregating. Last year, we saw a California Gull as part of the workshop. Meet at Audubon Connecticut’s Habitat Management Area at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. The workshop is free and open to COA members and non-members alike. Leaders: Patrick Comins, et al. Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at: closcalz at optonline.net<mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> or 203 389-6508.

Hartford Audubon Society walk at Stratford Point and Stratford hotspots:
Sat, April 1, 8am – 11am
Description Saturday, April 1, 2017 – 8 a.m. Stratford Hot Spots Tour Leader: Patrick Comins Check with Patrick for correct end time. 203‑405‑9115 / pcomins at audubon.org<mailto:pcomins at audubon.org>  We will bird the point and central coast depending on where the action is. Meet at Stratford Point, 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. See: http://www.hartfordaudubon.org/terms.htm

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/