[CT Birds] COA GULL WORKSHOP

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Mar 25 19:21:10 EDT 2017

Hello, fellow CT birders!

The COA Gull Workshop will be held tomorrow morning, beginning at 8 am, at
Stratford Point.  The full announcement for the event is below.

Gull Workshop

Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 8:00 am

Stratford Point, Stratford

Join us as we look for and learn about the gulls of Connecticut.  Patrick
Comins will share his considerable knowledge about how to identify members
of this extraordinarily challenging group of birds.  We'll look for gulls
along the shore and have a sit down session where we'll go over the finer
points of gull ID.  This is a good time of year to find rarities, such as
Black-headed, Little, and Mew Gulls.  We may visit other sites such as Long
Beach in Stratford, Seaside Park in Bridgeport, and Southport Beach,
depending on where the gulls are congregating. Last year, we saw a
California Gull during the workshop.  Meet at Audubon Connecticut's Habitat
Management Area at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford.  The workshop is free and
open to COA members and non-members alike.  Leaders:  Patrick Comins, et al.
Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at: closcalz at optonline.net or 203 389-6508.

We hope to see you there!

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge

(P.S. My term on the COA board has come to an end and, therefore, so has my
time as workshop coordinator.  Bill Batsford is taking over the reins as the
incoming coordinator.  Thank you, Bill!)