[CT Birds] Canton Snow Geese

Jamie Meyers sunnyctredbird at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 19:04:42 EDT 2017

While out for a leisurely early spring stroll with a foot of snow still on
the ground, I had a flock of about 450 or so Snow Geese fly overhead about
a mile from my house.

Twice in the past five weeks or so I birded in eastern/southeastern PA and
noticed several such flocks in flight and on the ground in my travels
there.  I marvel at how many Snow Geese can be found not that far from CT,
but we seldom see large groups like this in our state, especially on the
ground.  Many thousands surely pass over us, and now is the time to be
alert to them.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT