[CT Birds] Stonington Eared Grebe

Russ Smiley rsbirder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 10:08:57 EDT 2017

Stonington Town Dock, Stonington, CT 25 March 2017 10:00 am: the eared
grebe continues to the northwest of the platform. It moved to the end of
the cove when a boat moved at the north end, but it has returned to the
same location as previously seen. A eastern phoebe practically landed on me
but then moved to the lines if a fishing boat. And as I write this my FOS
osprey just flew up the cove. My seawatch at the point this morning was
unremarkable.
Russ Smiley
Msrlborough, CT