[CT Birds] Difference between Audubon Connecticut and Connecticut Audubon Society?

Eric Lichtenberger elichten at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 20:33:55 EDT 2017

What’s the difference between The Connecticut Audubon Society (http://www.ctaudubon.org <http://www.ctaudubon.org/>) and Audubon Connecticut (http://ct.audubon.org <http://ct.audubon.org/>)?

I got an email from the latter about a benefit auction, considered registering but as it asked me to type in a bunch of personal information and a credit card #, I thought, “Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t click on a link in an email, let me google it and directly pull up the website.”  When I did, I got to the former website and of course - no auction.  I thought I was being scammed for a minute until I found the latter’s website.  So, there are two different groups that call themselves “Audubon”?

I figured if anyone knew, it would be this group!  Thanks all!

Eric Lichtenberger
Simsbury CT