[CT Birds] Boston Hollow/Yale Forest, Warblers!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 20:55:24 EDT 2017

The forest is coming alive. Several new species today including  2
Warblers, Louisiana Waterthrushes and Pine Warblers. I heard and saw no sign  of
either Friday so I assume they arrived in the last 2 days. In the next two
weeks I expect many more FOY's.

Apr 9, 2017 8:45 AM  - 12:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
28 species

Wood  Duck  8     3 pairs and 2 males wandering around in the  woods
together. Odd?
Wild Turkey  1      FOY
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning  Dove  9
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker   3     FOY
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker   1
Pileated Woodpecker  3
Eastern Phoebe  18
Blue Jay   12
American Crow  2
Common Raven  1
Tree Swallow   2     FOY
Black-capped Chickadee  20
Tufted  Titmouse  15
White-breasted Nuthatch  4
Brown Creeper   1
Winter Wren  1
American Robin  12
Louisiana  Waterthrush  3     FOY 2 singing males and 1 silent female
accompanying a male
Pine Warbler  3     FOY
Song  Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  4