[CT Birds] Pine Warblers Galore

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Apr 14 15:57:09 EDT 2017

I took a 45 min walk up into the Shenipsit State Forest on Sodom Road during lunch today, and had Pine Warblers all over the place.  Every 100-200 feet or so, I would have one singing it's little heart out.  I would conservatively say I saw and/or heard 25+ birds.  Also a FOY Chipping Sparrow, several palm warblers and a ton of tree swallows over the pond.

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Dr., 3rd Floor