[CT Birds] Boston Hlw, yale Forest, 4/27/17; FOY Least Flycatchers

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 20:01:11 EDT 2017

2 least Flycatchers In Union, in a logging cut area where  they nest ever
year. There are more Waterthrushes of both species than I have  ever had in
the area. Boston Hollow is lined with them, so close together that  you can
hear 4 or 5 at the same time from one location.  There  are several
Louisianas on Barlow Mill Road up into Union and even back up  towards Rt 190.

Apr 27, 2017 8:20 AM  - 1:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
35  species

Mallard  1
Wild Turkey  1
Red-tailed Hawk   1
Mourning Dove  9
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy  Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  4
Pileated Woodpecker   1
Least Flycatcher  2     FOY, found where expected, in  Union
Eastern Phoebe  8
Blue-headed Vireo  7
Blue Jay   10
Common Raven  2
Tree Swallow  6
Black-capped  Chickadee  15
Tufted Titmouse  10
White-breasted Nuthatch   2
Winter Wren  2
Eastern Bluebird  2
Hermit Thrush   1
American Robin  9
Ovenbird  2
Louisiana Waterthrush   15     Actual count. More this year than I have
ever found. Many  of them outside of Boston Hollow all the way up into Union.
Some in new  locations.
Northern Waterthrush  9
Black-and-white Warbler   8
Pine Warbler  20