[CT Birds] Boston Hlw/Yale Forest, 4/29/17; 5 FOY

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 16:07:50 EDT 2017

With clear weather for part of the night there was more  fall-out in the
area last night. Where there were only a few scattered Ovenbirds  recently the
forest is full of them today. FOY: Black-throated Blue, Yellow  Warbler,
Belted Kingfisher, Gray Catbird, Rose-breasted  Grosbeak.

Apr 29, 2017 7:45 AM  - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
7.0 mile(s)
Comments:      Because of the Yale forestry and birding walk I was out of
my usual area for  about 3 hours and finished up in mid-afternoon.
42 species

Wood  Duck  1
Mallard  2
Wild Turkey  1
Turkey Vulture   3
Broad-winged Hawk  2
Mourning Dove  8
Belted  Kingfisher  1     FOY
Red-bellied Woodpecker   1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  2
Pileated  Woodpecker  1
Least Flycatcher  2
Blue-headed Vireo   8
Blue Jay  10
Common Raven  1
Tree Swallow   415
Black-capped Chickadee  15
Tufted Titmouse  8
Brown  Creeper  1
Winter Wren  2
Eastern Bluebird  2
Hermit  Thrush  2
American Robin  10
Gray Catbird  1   FOY
Ovenbird  18     there was a major "fall  in" last night in BHYF and the
woods are full of them now
Louisiana  Waterthrush  7
Northern Waterthrush  8
Black-and-white  Warbler  10
Common Yellowthroat  2
Blackburnian Warbler   5
Yellow Warbler  2     FOY
Black-throated Blue  Warbler  1     FOY
Pine Warbler  10
Yellow-rumped  Warbler  5
Black-throated Green Warbler  12      Easily that many, probably many more
heard.
Chipping Sparrow  10
Song  Sparrow  4
Eastern Towhee  7