[CT Birds] FOY House Wren

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 21:27:17 EDT 2017

Usually have two or three pairs every year, hadn't seen/heard them yet.
The Carolina Wrens have been here since January.
This morning I finally heard a house wren, and found him perched on an
abandoned blue bird house that sparrows had used last year.  The house wren
scolded me soundly and then went to work pulling everything out of the
house.  Several times he emerged and seemed to glare at me, scolding all
the more.  Hey! It wasn't my fault about the sparrows!

Kat Kuckens
West Hartford