[CT Birds] Clinton Glossy Ibis 100+

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 16:53:07 EDT 2017

4:45pm

North of the Indian River Cemetery on the marsh bank by the hunters blind, approximately 100 Glossy Ibis. By far the largest flock of Glossy Ibis I've ever seen. Wow! It's a big deal to me because I rarely see these birds, and really do love seeing them. When I do see them, it's often when it's raining in the spring on wet fields or marshes on or near saltwater.

*Note:

You can also observe them from the end of Liberty Ridge Road, but only from the dead end. You cannot go out into the marsh. It's private property. I was was kindly told that by a local. There are no signs saying so, but do respect the locals and the property. I highly recommend a scope to see the birds in any kind of detail. I could not single out the White-faced Ibis that has been seen with this flock. This flock will fly occasionally, only to land close by to another side of the creek banks.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone