[CT Birds] Sunrise Birding Edgewood Park Walk - a big success

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 12:36:22 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Highlights from todays Sunrise Birding walk at Edgewood Park in New Haven included. 17+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, 3-4 Black-and-white Warblers, 1 Northern Waterthrush, 2 Yellow Warblers, 2 Blue-headed Vireos, 5+ Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 2 House Wrens, 2 Hermit Thrushes, a Swamp Sparrow, close looks at 3 Male Wood Ducks, a Common Raven and a slew of other birds. Our tour total was 42 species. Not bad for a drizzly day. Our next walk is at 7:30 a.m at East Rock Park tomorrow. With Southeast winds tonight, it could be quite good. Go to http://www.sunrisebirding.com/calendar.htm and click on the birding with Gallo link for walk details.

Good birding

Frank Gallo,
Milford
Sunrise Birding, LLC