[CT Birds] Sundrise Birding East Rock Walk Friday

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 07:33:35 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Our Sunrise Birding walk along the river at East Rock yesterday started in the fog. As the fog lifted we hit a memorable fall-out of Yellow-rumped and other warblers. In our 3.5 hour walk, we counted a conservative 70+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, 7 Yellows, 6 Palms, 4 N. Parula, 7 Black-and-white, 2 Black-throated Green, 6 Blue-winged, 3 Northern Waterthrush, a Prairie, 3 Baltimore Orioles, 5 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, an Eastern Kingbird and a slew of other migrants. Our total was 54 species and I added Orchard Oriole and Carolina Wren on the drive out. It was an amazing morning. I haven't seen numbers like that in a while. The Yellow-rumps were everywhere. My next walks are Tuesday at Mondo Pond in Milford, and Wednesday at Wilcox Park, Milford. See the Sunrise Birding webpage for details.

Frank Gallo,
Milford
Sunrise Birding, LLC
http://www.sunrisebirding.com/walks_Gallo.htm

Life is short. Bird often.

Ps. There is an Ovenbird and N. Parula singing in my yard.. It should be a good day!