[CT Birds] New arrivals, Bloomfield yard.

Brian K briankulvete at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 14:28:55 EDT 2017

Before I had to go into work, the yard FOS finally got Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, House Wren, Gray Catbird, Yellow Warbler, Black & White Warbler,
and Yellow-rumped Warbler.  A couple Chipping sparrows, and quite a large
flock of new White-throated Sparrows also arrived.  All these birds made it
really tough to head into work for the rest of the day.

For anyone interested, I spent a couple weeks in West TX and ended up
adding 3 more species of owl to my "Big Owl Year" bringing my total to #11
of #19 for North American Owl Species.  Completing this photo/book project
is starting to feel like a reality, not too far out of reach.  AZ in August
for a hopeful 4-5 more species and I'll be in the home stretch.

I also ended up with 39 new lifers there.  Should have been more, but my
timing was off a few weeks...they pushed through early.  I did get Colima
warbler though, so that was great.

This is the most wonderful time of year.  Hope to see you all out there
enjoying the birds and beautiful weather.

Happy Birding!

Brian Kulvete
Bloomfield, CT