[CT Birds] A few interesting migrants in Easton

Jeremy Nance nance.jeremy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 16:02:06 EDT 2017

Hoping that the rainstorm that passed through at dawn would knock down some
migrants, I headed to Aspetuck Reservoir first thing this morning.  No
fallout, but there were a few interesting birds around.  5 SOLITARY
SANDPIPERS looked very out of place together on the small sand beach at
Aspetuck Park, and they didn't stick around long; I imagine they were
grounded by the storm and took off later in search of mud.  Two more were
at the Center Road crossing of Aspetuck Reservoir, along with my
first-of-year SCARLET TANAGER and EASTERN KINGBIRD.  Aspetuck Cemetery
provided a ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH, and PARULA
WARBLER.  However, the highlight of the day was a CERULEAN WARBLER singing
high in some oaks in my yard when I got home (Old Sow Road in Easton, near
intersection with 136). Also had a BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER in the
yard.

Jeremy Nance
Easton, CT