[CT Birds] Boston Hlw/Yale Forest, 4/28/17; 5 FOY, Looking like a record yr

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 18:30:54 EDT 2017

In case a statement in my Ebird report confused or misled  anyone let me be
I said:
More Waterthrushes in the YMF  than I have ever found before. For the  most
part my count
is only singing males,  but I assume there is a mate  for every one. (1 F
NOWA included today).
This was not meant to say or imply that I add a female for  every male
found. I report only birds that I either see or hear. My point was  that since
most all the Waterthrushes that arrive in the area do, in fact, stay  and
presumably try to nest it's logical that there would be pairs. But it is
certainly possible that not all find mates, so that might be overstating the
proposition somewhat. Sorry for any confusion that caused.
Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct