[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich: Blackburnian Warbler (12 other warb sp + possible Hooded) + Orchard Oriole + Swainson's Thrush

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 10:00:51 EDT 2017

Despite the chilly temps the fog brought alot of activity along the Lake
Trail at Audubon Greenwich this morning. Yellow-Rumps and Black & Whites
were everywhere with other highlights including a singing male
BLACKBURNIAN, CHESTNUT-SIDED, several BLACK-THROATED BLUE + GREENS, PARULA,
REDSTART, both WATERTHRUSHES, YELLOW-THROATED VIREO and a SWAINSON'S
THRUSH. On my way back up the hill from the trail I'm nearly certain I
heard a distant alternate Hooded Warbler song but the bird stopped calling
when I headed towards the area I heard it from. Might check for it again
later on today.

Another very nice arrival was the first male ORCHARD ORIOLE of the spring,
singing in its usual haunt of the Apple Orchard in close company with a
couple Baltimores.

And the fun is only just beginning...

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich