[CT Birds] Stratford Point Work Party! 5/6/17

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:26:57 EDT 2017

Hi all,
As Patrick mentioned the other day, we are having a work party tomorrow at
Stratford Point (1207 Prospect Dr, 06615) with a bird walk starting at 9am.
For those of you who wish to join, we will be meeting in front of the
building at 9am. We have had a pretty nice mix of shorebirds recently with
a handful of White-rumped Sandpipers and Short-billed Dowitchers. Good
numbers of all the usuals and a nice showing of birds sporting fresh
breeding plumage. Afterwards we will be planting native trees and shrubs to
add to our growing diversity of habitat and native species. We will also be
sowing some seeds for our seasonal food plots for fall migration. This is a
great place to get incredible looks at some uncommon or unusual migrants
fueling up for their long trip South. In addition, we will also be planting
some annual flowering plants to add some color and to attract our very
important pollinators. Please bring lunch and water for yourself if you
plan on participating in the work party! I hope to see some of you there!
Here is a link to our Facebook page with the event and some more
information https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/ or you can email me
directly at smartin at audubon.org if you have any questions.

See you there!
Stefan Martin