[CT Birds] Problem at Harkness

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Sat May 6 22:00:28 EDT 2017

Can't fence into the water in CT, Paul, as everything below the mean high
tide line is public property wherever you are. Fencing is often as limited
as it can be for myriad reasons - other property owners, the expense and
upkeep, tides, public complaints, etc. Folks need to respect what is posted
and be educated (politely, of course) about such if encountered. If you
ever see such incidents in state parks please contact the park staff to
inform them. If it involves nesting areas of birds like the Piping Plover
please email Laura Saucier of CT DEEP with what you saw, too:
Laura.Saucier at ct.gov