[CT Birds] Hidden Valley Preserve - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 7 13:27:07 EDT 2017

Walked in the Hidden Valley Preserve in Washington, CT late this morning, going in via an entrance off Sabbaday Lane and walking down to just short of the Shepaug River. Species seen or heard: Blue Jay, Tufted Titmouse, Black-capped Chickadee, White breasted nuthatch, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Gray Catbird, Ovenbird (numerous), Red-eyed Vireo, Scarlet Tanager; and Baltimore Oriole (numerous). After coming back to my car I drove north on Sabbaday Lane and it's intersection with Romford Road  I had an Eastern Kingbird at a small pond at this intersection.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT