[CT Birds] Wallingford Bobwhite & Yellow Variant House Finch

Jason Rieger mareforte at comcast.net
Fri May 12 19:55:03 EDT 2017

My son called me at work and said he heard a Bobwhite calling in the yard.

Sure enough, when I got home, a Bobwhite Quail was foraging along the woodline and rock wall and sometimes calling. I'm not aware of any being raised in the area but on two occasions over the past few years I was fairly certain I heard one call in the power line cut behind our property. Would love to discover their origin.

Also at the feeders, a very yellow variant House Finch.

Will post photos on ebird.

Jason Rieger
Wallingford