[CT Birds] King Rail caution

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Mon May 8 12:18:22 EDT 2017

Just to re-iterate that Clapper Rails can be tricky too and good King Rail-mimics. While the bird could be a King Rail, getting a view of the bird to confirm the id is key. I have no experience of King Rail, so I will be interested to try for this after work since it is a lifer, but having had experience of Clapper's giving a King Rail-like call, it would be cool to investigate this further.
Aaron, can you give some more precise directions to the spot?
many thanks for posting. Julian Hough New Haven, CT 06519 www.naturescapeimages.wordpress.com