[CT Birds] Selleck's Prothonotary ++

Brendan Murtha bmskua at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 9 16:55:47 EDT 2017

Selleck's Woods/Dunlap Lake, Darien--

I had the PROTHONOTARY WARBLER continuing at around 4:00, a bit further down from the second bridge along the lakeshore.

The power line cut was also very active, producing WHITE-EYED VIREO, CAPE MAY WARBLER and BROWN THRASHER among a slew of other migrants including Blue-winged and Blackpoll Warblers.

I will be sending out an email tonight to all who donated/pledged money, but I should let you all know that the Connecticut Young Birders Club Darth Waders had a very successful World Series of Birding run this past weekend. Within the confines of Cape May County we tallied 162 species over 24 hours, putting us 3rd place overall among youth teams and second in Cape May County, only a few birds behind the winning team (and a few birds ahead of Cornell *wink*)
Preston Lust, Jory Teltser and Alex Burdo are all remarkably talented young birders and it was a thrill to be in the field with them as team captain.

Brendan Murtha

Sent from my iPhone