[CT Birds] Banding at Birdcraft

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:57:56 EDT 2017

We had a busy morning today banding 16 species and 49 individuals.  Over
the week we banded 22 species.  Warbler species banded were: American
Redstart, Black-throated Green, WILSON's, PRAIRIE, Yellow, Black-throated
Blue, Common Yellowthroat, Black and White, Myrtle, Northern Waterthrush,
Oven and Northern Parula.  Others banded: House Wren, American Goldfinch,
LINCOLN's SPARROW, Swamp Sparrow Carolina Wren. Veery, Gray Catbird,
American Robin, Warbling Vireo and Baltimore Oriole.

Weather permitting, we plan a Banding and Bagels Demo beginning at 7:30
a.m. on Saturday morning to celebrate International Migratory Bird Day but
the weather doesn't look as if it will cooperate. Just in case the rain
holds off the following link has all the info:

Birdcraft is located at 314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut