[CT Birds] Help

Kevindoyle01@charter.net kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Thu May 11 16:29:18 EDT 2017

Today at Bent of the River I photographed in detail what appears to be a Curve-Billed Thrashed since it had the coloring I'm looking at in National Geographic Illustrated Birds. It had the curved bill, red eye ring very pronounced and it's tail was nearly as long as the body. It was feeding near the horses and eating worms from a caterpillar nest. Too make things interesting there was a second bird who was offering worms then it mounted the other twice in what I thought was mating. In so far as this bird is native to the southwest and Mexico any help would be appreciated. I'm probably way off base here but who knows. I know I've never seen anything like this in 10 years of photographing birds.

Pics to those who request in a few days. I'm behind on my work.

Kevin M Doyle

New Milford

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from BlueMail