[CT Birds] Bstn Hlw/Yale Forest, Sat, 5-13-17

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun May 14 20:35:57 EDT 2017

Saturday, my first day back after several days at Magee Marsh  in Ohio, was
cloudy and rather quiet.  I did get 2 BHTF FOY Vireos  (Warbling,
Red-eyed),  and said hello to an old friend, a Barred Owl. I  like to think it was
one I saw when I first went there or at least the  offspring. I see one (at
least) just about every year but this was the best look  I've had for years
This is perhaps the best year I've seen for Blue-headed  Vireos.
Link to Barred Owl Pics. If white box asks to sign in just  click the X to
view pics.
May 13, 2017 7:30 AM  - 2:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
53 species

Wild  Turkey  1
Turkey Vulture  1
Mourning Dove  8
Barred  Owl  1     Being harassed by a single Blue Jay.  Pics
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker   1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  4
Downy Woodpecker  3
Hairy  Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker   1
Least Flycatcher  4
Eastern Phoebe  6
Blue-headed  Vireo  23     Common throughout the forest. seem to be more
than usual in the BHYF area this year
Warbling Vireo  1   FOY
Red-eyed Vireo  2     FOY
Blue  Jay  12