[CT Birds] Westport American Oystercatcher FOY chick

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 21:56:46 EDT 2017

Westport- Cockenoe Island tern spit- AJ Hand and I went out to check on the Common Terns and American Oystercatchers this afternoon just before high tide. To our surprise, we spotted one very new Oystercatcher chick that was at most a few days old.
Also of note, we had 20 Glossy Ibis land in the rookery area, Dunlin, Ruddy Turnstones, and 4 Purple Sandpipers( East White & Sheep Rock), about 125 Common Terns, 2 Long-tailed
Ducks, and a young Bald Eagle still in the nest in an undisclosed location in Norwalk.

Tina Green
with AJ Hand
Westport
Sent from my iPhone