[CT Birds] Bstn Hlw/Yale forest, Wed, 5-17; FOY E. Wood-pewee 63 species, high so far

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed May 17 20:00:03 EDT 2017

FOY Pewee. So far no sign of any migration fall-out; I'm hoping  the birds
will make it up here tonight. I checked twice and didn't re-find the
Swainson's Thrush. Counted Ovenbirds with a tally sheet and came up with 41.  Even
that is probably low. Saw 2 chasing each other around today.
Some species numbers are dwindling; probably going quiet during  nesting
period.

May 17, 2017 7:15 AM  - 1:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.0 mile(s)
63  species

Mallard  1
Wild Turkey  3     2 hens,  1 tom
Great Blue Heron  1
Turkey Vulture  2
Red-shouldered  Hawk  2
Broad-winged Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning  Dove  11
Barred Owl  1     2nd time in 3 days, same  bird I'm sure, being harassed
by a Jay
Ruby-throated Hummingbird   2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  2
Downy  Woodpecker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker   1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  1   FOY
Least Flycatcher  2
Eastern Phoebe  12
Great  Crested Flycatcher  4
Blue-headed Vireo  17     Low  number for BHYF
Warbling Vireo  3
Red-eyed Vireo  12
Blue  Jay  15
Common Raven  2