[CT Birds] Hammo evening Warblers

Chuck Imbergamo imbercj at comcast.net
Wed May 17 20:58:13 EDT 2017

In search of the Mourning Warbler, I visited Hammonasset State Park starting around 6:30 PM and found the Northeast Corner of Willard's Island very active with Warblers.  I could not locate the Mourning, but counted 10 Warbler species, including Northern Parula, Black-throated Green, Black-throated Blue, Chestnut-sided and Black-and-white, among the usuals.  There were numerous birds of all species, including many females, except a single stunning Magnolia Warbler and great looks at a BAY-BREASTED Warbler.

I hope the couple coming onto the island as I left found at least a few of these birds...better to go birding late than never!

Chuck Imbergamo
Madison

Sent from my iPhone