[CT Birds] Mystic migrants galore

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 07:45:12 EDT 2017

If my yard in Mystic is any indication of today's migrant fall out, it should be a banner day in Connecticut, or at least SE Connecticut.  I had to leave for work before getting any handle on numbers, but there were migrants in about every tree and along the whole wood edge.  The only notables were several BAY-BREASTED WARBLERS.  The most abundant warblers were Blackpoll Warblers, Northern Parulas, and Magnolia Warblers.  The whole neighborhood was hopping as well.

I also had a catbird loudly singing last night at 1am.  Seemed unusual since it was dark and overcast at the time.

Glenn Williams
Mystic