[CT Birds] Groton Migrants-- White-faced Ibis plus!

Dyl Pedro pedrodyl at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 13:12:03 EDT 2017

Continuing off of Glenn's earlier post, I started my morning late at around 8:30 at Sparkle Lake, where there were quite a few migrants, although all were confined to the "dead-end trail"
1 Blackburnian Warbler
~4 Magnolia Warblers
1 Black-throated Blue Warbler
1 Veery
1 Red-eyed Vireo
1 Ovenbird
1 Northern Parula
1 Blackpoll Warbler

Figuring it would be a good day for a lunch walk today, I went to Peace Nature Sanctuary in Mystic, where I hiked most of the trails and had:
2 Blackpoll Warblers
1 Blackburnian Warbler
1 Eastern Wood-pewee
1 Empid
2 Magnolia Warblers
1 Worm-eating Warbler (maybe nests here?)
1 Canada Warbler
7 Northern Parula
1 Yellow-rumped Warbler (seems late for here!)

Finally I decided to check Downes Marsh on the north end of River Rd in Mystic to check out the Glossy Ibis that Rick Newton previously reported and found 2 White-faced Ibis among the flock of ~50 or so Glossies!
Photos later.

Dylan Pedro