[CT Birds] Interesting Swainson's Thrush behavior

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Wed May 17 18:55:56 EDT 2017

I have enjoyed watching and hearing a Swainson's Thrush all day in my yard.  This bird is definitely a Swainson's, has been singing its song softly on and off all day and has the buffy eye ring, etc, etc.   It has been staying in the top third of some very tall deciduous trees in my back yard, flitting around like a slow warbler and also flycatching and fluttering.  Still singing as I am typing this.  Bird has been here since 7:30 this morn.  I guess the bugs must be good up there!

I am sending in this post  mostly to let folks know that Swainson's Thrushes  aren't always found on the ground or on a low perch.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPhone