[CT Birds] Birdcraft Banding

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Thu May 18 14:52:40 EDT 2017

This was a busy week for us at Birdcraft with 80 birds banded on Tuesday,
63 birds on Wednesday and today, 25.  We banded 25 species in all, 14 of
them warbler species.  I believe I already reported the details but the
highlight of the day for me today was a male Flicker.  They are a handful
to band due to the large size but very beautiful close up and this one had
a brood patch as the males also help with brooding the eggs.  Way to go
woodpeckers!  Women love a man who helps around the house.

Just a reminder that our Banding a Bagels demo was postponed due to the
weather last week.  We'll have it this Saturday instead.  It's at
Birdcraft, 7:30 a.m.  Birdcraft is at 314 Unquowa Road, in Fairfield.
Pre-registration is required.  Full details are at this link:

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut