[CT Birds] Orioles the day after big day

David Provencher hikerbirder1 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:04:19 EDT 2017

Sitting on the deck drinking coffee after a CT big day and being awake for
two days with one hour of sleep in between. To complement the Baltimore
Orioles that breed here a singing immature Orchard Oriole is in our Preston
yard with a Blackpoll, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and a silent Great Created
Flycatcher, while the Bluebirds forage in the garden. It's taking a while
to slide out of competition "must hit the next spot" mindset. I can still
hear Soras and Grasshopper sparrows in my head...