[CT Birds] NHBC Barn Island walk on 5/20, Sat.

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sun May 21 18:51:33 EDT 2017

We had 16 participants yesterday for the Barn Island walk.   Several hardy souls stayed with us until 2 pm!  We had 64 species in total, including fantastic looks at a Saltmarsh Sparrow and 4 Willow Flycatchers.  Very few migrants around but a good variety of passerines, waders, shorebirds, and raptors.  The BB Plovers, Yellow-throated Vireos and a cooperative Marsh Wren were also among the highlights.   Just as on the previous day, the Yellow Warblers, Common Yellowthroats, Towhees, Baltimore Orioles, and Catbirds were ubiquitous! It was nice to see some new (new to me anyway) faces in the group.  Their enthusiasm and skills were very much appreciated.  Thanks to Bill Batsford for all his help too!   A great day to be out!

Ps.  We did NOT see any Tri-colored Herons.  I had seen 1 the day before.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail